Over 40 Years of Appraisal and Real Estate Experience
Howard J. Nicholson established NICHOLSON & CO. in 1977. His interest in real estate developed while in college at Cal Poly State University – San Luis Obispo. He initiated his real estate appraising career upon graduating Cal Poly in 1971 with a degree in Real Estate and Finance.
Mr. Nicholson’s extensive knowledge of real estate includes the building and development field, having built numerous residential and commercial projects over the years as a licensed General Building Contractor. He has also been a licensed Real Estate Broker since 1971. Both fields of experience have enhanced and strengthened his knowledge and expertise as a leading Real Estate Appraiser in San Luis Obispo County.
You can trust the experience that comes with over 40 years in the real estate field by contacting NICHOLSON & CO. for your real estate needs.
Summary of Work History:
- (1971 – present) Licensed Real Estate Broker – California
- (1974 – 1976) Staff Appraiser – Rice, Fugate & Chapman; Covering Santa Barbara & San Luis Obispo Counties
- (1977 – Present) dba NICHOLSON & CO. Real Estate Appraisers
- (1977 – 2013) Maintained SRA designation, Society of Real Estate Appraisers
- (1982 – 2013) Maintained MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- (1988 – 2009) Licensed General Building Contractor, Class B – California
- (1991 – 1997) Licensed Certified General Appraiser – Deschutes County, Oregon.
- (1991 – present) Licensed Certified General Appraiser – California, Lic. # AG002285